I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

It's in the Jeans!!

My mom is an amazing person...Like a really amazing person! She was married, had two kids, and divorced all my the age of 27. She had a son in and out of jail, and on drugs since the age of 13, but never lost faith in him. She went through an abusive marriage, and not only didn't take it lying down, but left, they sought counseling together and worked past it!! She then saw after two years of nonabusive healthy marriage her husband die in a farm accident. She continued to run the farm for two years after his death, I think mostly because the first thing people wanted to know was when she was going to sell the farm. She is an amazing business woman. She was then diagnosed with cancer...I would like to add that it was caught VERY late because of a certain doctors neglect, and she was not even bitter at him!! After they took the first tumour out and gave her chemo the cancer returned twice in the next two years. They told her they would not do surgery again, this cancer was going to keep coming back so from now on they would fight with radiation and chemo, and she had about 10 years...That was 3.5 years ago, and she has been cancer free since!
Anyway, strong, argumentative, bossy, intelligent, funny, gorgeous...And I get her skill in doing laundry!! (ok I am argumentative and bossy too!!) The lady sucks at doing laundry. By 13 I made her promise not to touch my clothes because red with white, black with white, and checking the pockets HA! I went through a red lipstick stage when I was 16, then I went through a redlipstick smudge on my clothes stage!!!
James and I went to Thailand for Chinese New Year. Amongst other things James got a much needed new pair of jeans, and I got a gorgeous red sarong...I bet you could never guess what happened next! Last weekend we went to Sun Moon Lake. I was washing all our stuff today and guess who has not one, but two tank tops to match his pink jeans!!!! Sorry sweetie!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:27 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aw, bless her and her laundry-doing disablities. And now James is taking that genetic inheritance into his wardrobe...LUCKYYYY.

     
  • At 2:39 p.m., Blogger Elle said…

    Hahaaaa. That's hilarious! (How does he look in pink?)

     
  • At 11:07 a.m., Blogger Ang said…

    mostly annoyed!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home