I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

This is just going to be a quick one. I have been trying to post my answers to Steph's survey, but keep getting an error. Last night it dawned on me that the last time I got this error, the post published with my following post...so this is it.

Last weekend was a long weekend in Taiwan...10/10 day, basically Taiwan's birthday. It fell quite nicely in time with Canadian Thanksgiving. We had a few friends over for a pot luck dinner. There was not a turkey to be found, so we settled for a chicken...I don't eat either so it didnt really matter to me. We had ALOT of food. The wine was flowing, the joints were passed. (I feel like crap today!!) It was a mixed bag of people and kinda nice to socialize outside of the comfort zone.

On Sunday Lisa, a friend of hers, PaoPao and I took a drive up to Sanyi, a small "famous" town just north of Taichung. It is known for it's woodcarving so it was pretty much a day of window shopping. I bought a few funky lanters under the guise of Christmas presents (just between you and me, they are ALL for me!!!) I hung them up that night and had one of my more humourous puppy moments. Pao Pao is terrified of balloons. When I blew them up for Leah's birthday her ears went back, she hid under the bed just prior to pissing on the floor. I am pretty sure it comes from them popping and sounding like firecrackers (which there are ALOT of in Taiwan) and thunder. Well the morning after hanging the lanterns, Pao Pao came out of the bedroom and started growling with her ears back, toward the window. I though maybe someone was coming up the stairs or something so I went over to see and realized that she was growling at the lantern. Oh bless, I tried to soothe her, and bring her the lantern to smell and realize it wasn't a balloon. As soon as I took it down she let out a yelp and ran under the bed. I couldnt help but burst out laughing...I have my own little Albert!!!

Well not as quick as I anticipated. I am going to have a nap now...lets see if we get a survey out of this too...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home