I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

One Night In Bangkok

Ok, so three, but it doesnt sing as nicely. I have 10 minutes of internet left, so this is a quickie!!

Arrived late last night, caught the bus in. Met some guys on the bus, so after we hit Koh Sahn we washed up, and met for a couple drinks. Planned to be in bed early, but it was 3 by the time I crawled in with my street vendor pad thai-the best pad thai ever!!

This morning I went for a fruit shake (mmmm fruit shakes). Ran into some girl from Manitoba, near where my mom lives. She had EVERYTHING of importance stolen out of her bag. Her friend had put her stuff in with hers so they were SCREWED!!! ID, money, reservations, credit cards, bank cards, passports...EVERYTHING! Travel trip 101: keep your important stuff safe, and don't keep all your money in one place and DONT keep your AND whoever you are travelling with's important stuff together. Despite the fact that her behaviour was utterly moronic, I gave her some money and bought her a fruit shake.

Tried to curb the shopping as Chaing Mai is much cheaper. Managed to keep myself down to 3 skirts and a bag. Pretty good.

Lounged by the pool for awhile this afternoon. I splurged on a nicer place this time, usually I do the shared bathroom budget, but this trip is special. I have to say though, altough I do love Bangkok for all its shit, I have an anxiousness about me. I feel like I am so close and I just want to be there, with him. An excersise in patience is a good thing for me though!

I am off to get waxed and pedicured, and maybe a bit of a massage!! Then I will hunt down a green curry. I love this country!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:09 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bangkok is a cesspool. You are the ony person I know who could wax poetic about lousy street vendor food on Kohsan road. Hope you have your Hep A through Z shots.

    Love ya, have a good trip.

     
  • At 9:38 a.m., Blogger Steph said…

    Stay safe sweets, and have an awesome time.
    I eagerly await details ;)

     
  • At 8:48 a.m., Blogger Katsprat said…

    HAPPPPY BEEEDAAAAAY

     
  • At 8:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, I know I don't always comment, but now is the time. You need to know that I'm stalking your blog. I'm waiting for the written update on things I already know from face to face communication. Silly? Maybe. Waiting regardless. And I have a sneaking suspicion I'm not alone...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home