I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Chessy Pet Post!




For Trueborn:

"It's as common as something that nobody knows, that her beauty will follow wherever she goes Up the hill in the back of the house in the woods. She'll love me forever, I know"

Last month was her one year birthday, next month is our one year anniversary together (Puppy Love). And there is my girl; all growed up!! "Pao Jao Ju" Bubble Toes in Chinese...best known as just Pao Pao.

It is funny, the timing of the request of this post; ever since I returned from the Philippines, I have been overwhelmed with love for this creature on a daily basis. I remember always having the sensation of loving her so much that my heart was going to burst, but I know that today is so much more than yesterday, and so much more than last week.

We have ironed out some of the behavioural kinks and I am left with my loving, friendly, neurotic, needy, satified dog!

When she curls up beside you and life is good, or you sneak up to her when she is sleeping and nesltle your nose into her, and ,well, just about anytime she is chilled and happy she lets out this low satisfied moan/sigh. What makes it funnier is that I am a sigher, it runs in the family.

I don't know what I do to pets to make them so needy, but I had a cat that was the same way. No shyness with new people either, just big love whores!! "Oh, you want to pet me and love me? Well, I love you, I love you, I love you!!!"

The fortunate exception with Pao Pao is strangers coming into the house. Friends of ours, just around the corner were broken into. Nothing stolen, just perving I think. It is a bit of a phenomenon here. Taiwanese guys following Wai Goran women, never touching and rarely talking, but having a bit of a wank. A few cases have been home invasion while they slept kinda thing...ewww! It not common, but everyone knows a couple girls it has had some sort of creepy experience. Anyway, my girl has a nice big nasty bark for strangers coming up the stairs-especially chinese people for some reason.

Also fortunate in this case, is many Chinese people's seemingly innate fear of all dogs-especially black ones!! Walking down the street I have had people cross the street, shield their children and shriek at the sight of her. I openly mock them now. She is on a short leash and is as placid looking dog as I have ever seen...anyway, nice in the home!!

The few Chinese people that do not fear her, LOVE her. She is the most beautiful dog they have ever seen-I think this is only in contrast to the malnutritioned, ungroomed, neglected dogs that are usually seen on the streets of Taiwan. Apparently she is some purebred indiginous Taiwanese breed. Bwahaha!!! I got her from the humane society! Although they marvel at her when I bring her by the park some Sundays. She surpassed the size of her mother months ago...amazing what nutrition, excercise and love can do!!

Anyway, there is my cheesy pet post. I love her to bits as she groans at my feet here! I am well, very well! (not dead Bevis!)

6 Comments:

  • At 9:22 a.m., Blogger trueborn said…

    Yay, Ang is Back.

    I have a feeling you're making a "Guest Star" appearance.

    Sokay wit me so long as you're happy.

    What is up with the creep Asian dudes? I thought that was strictly Japan.....

     
  • At 12:26 p.m., Blogger Ang said…

    I promise not just a guest star!! I have lots to say and am making the time to say it!! Don't give up on me just yet!

    I think the creepy things comes from a generally repressed sexual atmosphere. We are seen as 'untouchable' and even a bit scary. It is not a violent sexual crime, just a yucky creepy one. Not that it is an excuse, bu tat least I don't feel that my personal safety is at risk.

     
  • At 12:32 p.m., Blogger BEVIS said…

    Not dead? Glad to hear it. :)

     
  • At 10:47 a.m., Blogger Steph said…

    Hey Babe, good to see ya, and LOVE the new template. Cute dog too :)

     
  • At 11:17 a.m., Blogger Ang said…

    Thanks Steph!!

    Soooo good to be back! I was going insane!!! Big shout out to my cousin Leahbelle!! She did all the techie work!

     
  • At 8:41 a.m., Blogger Ang said…

    She is just a mutt. She looks like a bigger, healthier version of almost every dog on the streets of Taiwan! I think there is some black lab and the black on her tongue and curly tail say chow to me...but really, just a mutt!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home