I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Ho Ho Ho To You!!!

I have been a bit neglectful. My only excuse; I am a christmas freak!! I think I am the only one, but I LOVE IT!! I love everything about it; decorating the tree, the music, shopping for presents, getting presents. I love all the food, and I absolutely love hanging out, drinking and playing games with my family!!

Last weekend we had our Christmas party. 40 of our nearest and dearest came over for a gift exchange, snowflake contest, christmas limerick contest and a couple gallons of mulled wine. It was a great night. Shining moment-someone calling a "see how many people can fit on my roommate's bed"! There was about 10 at one point. I was pretty pissed at this point but I have a clear memory of being stuck under about 8 men with my roommate. Someone was taking pictures, and her and I were professing our love to each other and sharing a few smooches. She announced "you are a really good kisser!" 8 man heads swung around so fast I imagine there was some sore necks on Sunday morning!! The night ended with breakfast with some cuties and plans for a date at a later date!

This morning I knocked on
Leah's door at 7:30 to haul all the recycling down. After a few silent trips up and down the stairs we woke up and fitted "The moms will be here in less than an hour!!!" Hurrah!!

I am now sitting at work, counting the seconds to blow this pop stand and go drink some duty free, triple distilled, 100 proof vodka with my mom, aunt and cousin!! Tomorrow we will go watch the Christmas performance at my kindie, they are SO cute!! Some last minute shopping in the afternoon before we hunker in for a weekend of prezzies, bailey's and coffee, champagne and orange juice, food, trivial pursuit, crib; all the finer things in life!! Hurrah!

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas! I hope it is filled with good food, good family, great prezzies and fabulous drinks! A toast to each of you-I wouldnever have thought that I would be reflecting on my cyberfriends on this festive occasion; but look forward to "seeing" you all in the New Year, and hearing about all your zany holiday antics!

13 Comments:

  • At 12:27 a.m., Blogger JM said…

    Merry Christmas!
    I too am a Christmas freak! I love this season--from Thanksgiving until New Years Eve!

     
  • At 1:20 a.m., Blogger MoMo said…

    Happy Christmas Ang!
    I'm glad someone enjoys it so much! We're off to the airport too - off to the UK for the holidays. I hope to start posting again in the new year.
    Have a good one!

     
  • At 3:20 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it was a fun night and it's good to see the "happy-go-lucky" Angela comes back. haven't meet you for a week. Happy Christmas!

     
  • At 5:46 a.m., Blogger Liam said…

    Merry Christmas!!!!!!

     
  • At 9:11 a.m., Blogger Ang said…

    janestarr-you are welcome anytime!! more the merrier! have a great time-love you too!! ps simmer some sliced oranges, lemons cinnamin sticks, cloves and nutmeg, add wine and a bit of brandy just in time to heat them..yuummm!!

    angel, jr- glad there are more of us out there! Have a great Holiday!

    Cali- I look forward to some more posts! I have been missing you! Safe journey and happy holidays!


    Iris- I am so glad you came, and it is good to be back! See you next week with mom! You rock!!

    Liam- Thanks! I am jealous that you get a Canadian Christmas! I hope you have a good one!

     
  • At 12:03 a.m., Blogger Ed Meers said…

    Merry Christmas and keep on being freaky - average people don't write interesting blogs and are boring.

    Gabba gabba hey!

     
  • At 9:15 a.m., Blogger trueborn said…

    Merry Christmas Babe!

     
  • At 8:28 a.m., Blogger Steph said…

    Ang, i hope you had a fantastical time and hopefully no hangovers!

    Merry christmas xx

     
  • At 11:49 p.m., Blogger Clinton P. Desveaux said…

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

     
  • At 5:11 p.m., Blogger magical_m said…

    Did I read that right? Did you say crib? As in the card game? Is there another person out there under the age of 60 who also loves that game?

    *sits with fingers crossed*

     
  • At 5:25 p.m., Blogger Ang said…

    real- LOVE the Ramones!! Hope you had a super Christmas

    true- thanks my dear, sounds like it was eventful!

    steph- thanks babe! it isnt a holiday here, so although I drank all day, I barely achieved a buzz and managed to avoid the hangover!

    clinton- thanks, welcome!!

    magical- cards a little board with holes and those little pegs..thats the very one.... if you are ever in Taiwan...I am red though!!!

     
  • At 7:43 p.m., Blogger magical_m said…

    Oh my god I love that game! My gradparents had me playing it with them from before I could even count properly!

    I still have the board that my great-grandfather made... complete with handmade pegs. If you're ever in Sydney or I'm in Taiwan, I'll take up the challenge!

     
  • At 1:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.lintukoto.net/banner/kuva.php?kuvaid=1&teksti=Fabulous+2006+to+Angela

    Happy New Year!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home