I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

bitchiness continued

A glib comment on Steph's blog lead to some heated discussion, which lead to some thought on my part. It was to do with being bitchy to guys at the bar.

I definitely can be a bitch. I have a sharp tongue, I come from a family of sharp tongues - there is a bit of a 'if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen' attitude, especially with my mom! But it is usually directed at one of two catagories in this boys at bar context - those that can take it, and those that deserve it (both obviously subjective judgements, with room for error).

The ones that can take it, are the ones that can give it back. I slag you off, you sag me off- a very retarded form of flirting...I LOVE it!! I am so my mother's daughter this way, but if someone is up for the challenge I totally get off on some witty banter. I realize that I cross the line sometimes- especially with a few drinks in me, but again, it is usually someone who I have established a good battle with already and he will usually role with it. When in doubt I have Leah- my "you are approaching the line of just plain mean" conscience!

The ones that deserve it are a whole other scene. It is usually a reactionary thing- either they are giving it to one of mine, or are just plain pricks. Two types of guys really push my buttons!! You know the types- 1. overtly hitting on every chick in sight but being nasty behind their backs.... the "your tits are huge!" guys. Really, fuck, where did they come from...thanks for telling me!" 2. Then their is the 'too cool for school' guys. Usually have some girl hitting on them, but they are playing it cool, even nasty, but will shag them anyway, if nothing better comes along. These ones sometimes have some intelligence behind them but for some reason don't think bust size could be anthing but inversely correlated with IQ. Oh, you want to talk down your nose to me do you???

By no means am I saying that all guys fall into one of these catagories. There are really only a few, and they are not always like that I am sure-bad night, bad break up, whatever- but acting out as a complete asshole. And usually these guy's friends are my best audience. I like to start with something subtle, with a smile. They think you might be taking the piss, but they are not quite sure. Some eye contact with the friends-they know this guy deserves it, they know he is asking for it. All done with a smile, with lots of laughter. I rarely go for the obvious, (receding hair line, height was an exeption, and he was a really good looking guy, with a slightly receding hairline, and about 5'8", only slightly shorter than me) and I always stop if the guys catches on and ego is deflated. I have actually made friends this way (???), where a guy will give an "ok, ok, you win" and shake hands and lose the attitude.

I don't go looking for this. When I go out, I go out to be with my friends and have a good time. Every once in awhile though, I come face to face with an ego so big that I can't help myself - especially with some drinks in me. I am not proud of it, but I have to say, I usually enjoy it.

Anyway...went and saw Harry Potter last night (Goldclass) with my fun crush, that is leaving the country tomorrow- so sad, now I have to find a new crush. Loved it! Heromine is getting totally hot! I really wish Quiddich could be a real game- it looks SO cool!

I broke by bed the other day- no exciting story even. It was put together wrong, and it broke-boring. But I took the mattress off last night to fix it, and realized the hammer wasnt going to be enough and would have to get him over with the drill to fix it. So I am camping on the floor. Now I have been so good about not letting Pao Pao sleep on the bed. It has been tempting since he moved out, but I resisted. I know it is a real hard habit to break. But since I had my mattress on the floor, I figured it was different-it was so nice. After some initial excitement she curled up with her head across my stomach sighing and groaning. (my dog sighs and groans with contentment, it is really endearing, but odd-cause i do it too!!)

So that is my couple of days. I am a bitch that went on an undate then curled up with her puppy!! huh!

7 Comments:

  • At 2:35 p.m., Blogger meghansdiscontent said…

    Ang, honey, I had a guy hit on me with the following (NOT making this up): "Hey, uh, didn't we sleep together?"

    Which was followed quickly by my biting retort of: "Yep, we sure did. You were the guy hung like a Tic Tac."

    Needless to say, his friends laughed him out of the bar.

    Some guys JUST deserve it!

     
  • At 2:55 p.m., Blogger Ang said…

    That is HILARIOUS! GREAT come back! What was he thinking, really? "UMMM maybe we slept together, well I might as well sleep with you tonight, as we have already!"????

    I know I may sound like a total bitch, but I generally try to be kind and warm...BUT some guys really do deserve it!!

     
  • At 4:54 a.m., Blogger meghansdiscontent said…

    Who knows what he was thinking . . .
    on second thought the question should sometimes be "Do men think??"

    There are some really great specimens of males out there, but (like females) the majority of them make you think that the dating pool needs FAR more chlorine and people with IQ's under 100 should be sterilized. These people actually might procreate . . . GAH! The horror!!

     
  • At 5:40 a.m., Blogger trueborn said…

    Here I am thinking about the WWF and wrestlemania. God bless testosterone!

     
  • At 9:31 a.m., Blogger Ang said…

    I see the most amazing and apalling behaviours, by both genders, out in the club.They will treat each other with such disrespect - all in the name of a shag...WTF!!?? Why would you want to sleep with someone you don't even want to be nice to??

    Ahh well!

    True..I agree (usually) God bless testosterone!!!

     
  • At 10:05 a.m., Blogger Steph said…

    Like i said before. There is that nasty/bitchy element in lots of people. You Ang, do not have it. I knew that anything you said to cut someone down would be well deserved.

     
  • At 10:30 a.m., Blogger Ang said…

    tfs - I too would avoid clubs, but I get a few drinks in my and I just gotta get out there and shake my thang!! And I have seen said behaviours in pubs too- anywhere where the liquid courage is flowing!

    steph - a vouch for my character from someone I have not only never met, but not even had direct contact with is...well...cool! thanks!! you rock!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home