I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

A RAINBOW LEFT TAIWAN...



...and it is slightly greyer as a result. It is a part of life living here. You make friends-beautiful, kind true friends, and then they leave. Ryno is my first close one and I am sadder than expected-we all are! (it was the subject of both leah and dave's posts today!)I feel especially bad for his partner in crime and fellow animal-Andrew. (ryno is the dark, andrew the blonde)They were each other's wing men and joined at the hip. A favourite night of mine was when we were out dancing at the club. The two of them stood off to the side looking liking they were conspiring an evil plan when the both approached me. Andrew stepped forward and announced "ang we were talking, and...you are one of us!" I dare not think of the possible implications of that statement and go with --awwe bless, they actually discussed it too!

For some really unknown reason it took us awhile to warm to ryno, but once we did there was no holding back. Polite and unassuming all of the girls have a bit of crush on him. Me being the jackass that I am, went out drinking and dancing with him last week, and lamented on having to find a new crush once he left!!! He taught us how to say dirty things in Afrikans - SEIG MIE PIEL for the boys (Suck my cock)EIK SIEG PIEL for the girls (I suck cock), then made us t-shirts before he left! He was my safe place if I was feeling a little too fucked up when I went out. He is missed already.

And this is only going to get worse. Dave is leaving in 6 weeks. I can't help to reflect back to this time last year. James, Dave, Leah and I were the bubble, and Andrew and Ryno were the animals that added some spice to the mix. It is all changed now. I am sad today. I know that this is all part of the lifestyle I have chosen, and I know that if I hadnt chosen this life people like Dave, Andrew, Ryno and even James would have never come into my life, and I wouldnt change a thing-but today I am sad.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:35 p.m., Blogger D said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:46 p.m., Blogger Steph said…

    Awww, tis always sad when friends leave. Stay in contact and catch up when you can. Hugs for you.

     
  • At 8:33 p.m., Blogger D said…

    tell me about it. I can't blieve 15 months can pass by in a single bat of the eyelashes. I still remember you yelling down at Leah and I on our arrival.
    hoe jyea daaaarrvvannn!

     
  • At 2:24 a.m., Blogger meghansdiscontent said…

    If you're absolute shite at maintaining contact (moi!!), then take comfort in the fact that you had them to begin with and everything ended well. You will always have the company of good memories!!!!!

     
  • At 11:40 a.m., Blogger Ang said…

    I am pretty crap at staying in contact as well. There are so many amazing people that I met travelling in Europe, that I have never even written to. I gotta say msn is really good for that part. And when I finish my online course I plan to go Africa to volunteer, so I will be sure to go see the rainbow - we pinky swore!

     
  • At 11:45 p.m., Blogger Ang said…

    I missed you Auburn!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home