I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

For Auld Lang Syne

It was a perfect New Years Eve; it started with a bit of shopping with a new friend (read "cute boy") for a long over needed new phone. I stettled on a used one in a reliable, durable!! Model. The moms had gone shopping with a Taiwanese friend and Leah had to work. We all arrived home around the same time and decided to take a nap. After a good hour nap we all got up and headed to the hairwash place. This place had mention in my Taiwan top ten! There are five beds in a row, each with a sink on the end of it. You lie down and enjoy 30-40 minutes of scalp massage bliss.

We met up with some friends at a restaurant that should be on Taiwan's top ten list. Miles and miles of buffet, but not just your fried food (although there is a whole table of tempura fried food), vinegar salad variety! On your table are these little numbered tags. You drop them at different stations and they bring to your table freshly prepared sushi, steak, lobster, fish....The list goes on. And the piece de resistance; all you can drink bar. Granted it was only wine and premixed cocktails, but some smooth talking to the bartender got as a ever full jug of wine on our table and spiked gin cocktails!

The friends were heading out to a bar, so moms, leah, lisa and I were going to do a bit of singing at KTV, but there was a 4 hour wait!! We just came home, opened a bottle of champagne and went on to the roof to countdown and watch the fireworks. It was great. We played some madgab, had some good chats, ignored the texts imploring us to come out. A favorite-apparently ex was there with new girl; "I don't mean to be mean, but you are SO much prettier than she is" Always nice to have good friends. It shouldn't matter to me, and it doesn't really, I don't want to be with him, and I want him to be happy. But some really childish, selfish part of me feels really good that all our friends, male and female, have said it. Poor girl! I got a text from him too, just after midnight, just saying happy new year.

We crawled into bed about three and are now having a lazy morning! I am taking mom for for breakfast at a traditional Taiwanese breakfast place (Taiwan Top 10) , taking Pao Pao for a walk, and then GoldClass Narnia (again with the top 10). It is the perfect new years weekend. I spent time with good friends and family, ate good food, pampered myself, got tipsy but managed to avoid the whole social scene! I am so happy to have not been out there. It has been a few weeks and it will be two more. I needed the break! I want going out to be something I look forward to, not another weekend with social obligations...

Enough rambling, time for breakfast. I hope that you had a New Years that felt just as wonderful! Here is to a brand New Year!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:38 p.m., Blogger Steph said…

    Sounds awesome! Loving the buffet and rooftop fireworks. Happy new year gorgeous girl.xxx

     
  • At 5:10 a.m., Blogger meghansdiscontent said…

    Sweet! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Here's hoping the entire rest of the New Year follows suit!

    Much luv!

     
  • At 8:13 a.m., Blogger trueborn said…

    Happy New Year!
    Sounds like a great time.
    Hope 2006 treats you as well as you treat your friends.

     
  • At 9:00 a.m., Blogger Ang said…

    aw shucks guys, you are swell!!

    it was a great night, and it was felt really good not to be hung over!

     
  • At 2:51 p.m., Blogger Elle said…

    Glad you had a great New Year!

     
  • At 5:25 a.m., Blogger JM said…

    sounds like you had an awesome New Years. Family and friends, it's what it's really all about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home