I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Monday, January 02, 2006

New Years ME ME

2005, Year in Review

Two Parts of Your Heritage
1. Dutch
2. Romanian

Two Things That Scare You
1. mediocrity
2. having regrets

Two fears you overcame
1. being a single gal in Taiwan
2. ??

Two of Your Everyday Essentials
1. oxygen
2. water

Two things you are Wearing Right Now
1. mascara
2. birkenstock boots

Two things you wore too much this year
1. flip flops
2. denim skirt

This year's Favorite Bands or Musical Artists
1. The Killers
2. Audioslave

Two Things You Want in a Relationship
1. Passion
2. Trust

Two of your favorite Movies of the Year
1. The Endless Garden
2. Harry Potter

Best movies of all time
1. Shawshank's Redemption
2. Dazed and Confused

Two things You hate
1. Selfishness
2. boredom

Two Physical Things that Appeal to You
1. Broad shoulders
2. height

Two of Your Favorite Hobbies
1. reading
2. walking PaoPao

Two things you learned this year
1. Love isn't always enough
2. It is good to be vulnerable

Two Accomplishments You are Proud of
1. Walking away when I realized I wasnt getting what I needed-even though it hurt like hell!
2. Being able to get by with what Chinese I know

Two Things You Want Really Badly
1. a job that pays well, but doesnt have politics and dynamics that make me want to bring physical harm to those around me
2. to travel most of asia before I leave here

Two place you went this year.
1.Thailand (twice)
2. Canada

Two Places You Want to go on Vacation
1. Philippines
2. Vientnam

Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die
1. have a family
2. have a career

Two Ways that you are a Stereotypical Example of your Gender
1. Love of the other gender
2. Love of pretty sparkly things

Two things that make you stand out.
1. my laugh
2. 'the girls'

Two Things You Normally Wouldn't Admit
1. I have an ear cleaning addiction
2. I spend most of my alone time naked, or nearly so

Two Goals for the New Year
1. Finish my onine course
2. Improve my Chinese


If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged....if you want!

14 Comments:

  • At 9:36 p.m., Blogger meghansdiscontent said…

    I love this!!!
    Plus, I liked learning about you!
    And, fyi, we are alike in so many ways that I didn't realize until now.

    Thanks for sharing, chica!

     
  • At 12:19 a.m., Blogger Ed Meers said…

    This is pretty cool. I love introspectives as sometimes we become too entrenched in our lives to stand back and ask yourself some really good questions.

    Anyrood, thanks for visiting my Blog. Career isn't everything! One of the best years of my life was teaching ESL in the former Czechoslovakia, so I'm envious of your experience at present living and teaching overseas! ENJOY!

     
  • At 4:25 a.m., Blogger trueborn said…

    I've got some meme lovin for you to check out on my site Ang

     
  • At 11:50 a.m., Blogger JM said…

    Darnet! I consider myself tagged. I will post it sometime this week!

     
  • At 9:07 a.m., Blogger Steph said…

    Girl! Will you stop with the ear cleaning! I'm telling you that shit is bad for you!!!

    Nice meme though :)

     
  • At 2:18 p.m., Blogger Ang said…

    meg- thanks...it is frightening how much one can have in common with a total stranger!

    real-e- introspection is good...in moderation. i do a bit too much of it! I would love to go to eastern Europe. I did all of the west but only skimmed the east coming from Turkey.

    true- good stuff!

    janestarr- i wish it wasnt the 'girls' that made me stand out!!

    angel jr- looking forward to it!

    steph- NO!! I will not stop, I can not stop..the nature of addiction!! I have so little left you can't take away my eargasms!!

     
  • At 11:09 p.m., Blogger Chipper said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:10 p.m., Blogger Chipper said…

    I liked your list-Harry Potter and the Killers are both great!

     
  • At 1:21 p.m., Blogger Ang said…

    etchen- thanks! nice to see you! you know that means you are now tagged!

    janestarr- i don't even mind 'them' so much as much as the fact that i am known for 'them'. I even have students coming up with two hands "teacher, what these?" good times!

    auburn- thanks doll! I am heading over now to check out your answers...looking forward to them!

     
  • At 9:35 p.m., Blogger meghansdiscontent said…

    LOL - I almost died when I read your response to Janestarr.

    Has this happened to you?? - Most of my kids are BABIES - and by babies I mean 6 months to 5 years.

    I was holding one of my 18 month olds the other day and she started smacking my boob and saying "Ball. Ball." And tried reaching down my shirt to get it.

    Baby, that's not a ball.
    It's attached.
    We can't play with it.

    Is it obvious that her mom's flat chested?

     
  • At 3:38 a.m., Blogger Rolligun said…

    meghan had caught me, and i'm it...i had to find who started this game.

    So what kind of tricks do you have to deal with work stress, i'm sure you've figured something out.

    and how longs it been since you cleaned your ears, its probably that time again.

     
  • At 11:00 a.m., Blogger Ang said…

    Meghan, it happens weekly anyway. My morning class I teach from 2-5 year olds...and have you ever looked at a Chinese woman's chest? Yeah, these things are like brand new toys to the kids!

    rolligun, guilty as charged! I got it as an email from a friend. My favourite trick to deal with work stress is torturing the kids. I have one student who is the directors 7 year old, spoiled rotten nephew. The other day he brought a die to school. I made up a game where he would roll the die, then I would. No matter what either of us rolled I would shout "I win!" He was getting SO pissed off, eyes were welling but he was determined to beat me. Good times! And yes, I have a date with a cotton bud right about now!!

     
  • At 8:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hehe...Dazed and Confused. :D

     
  • At 4:23 a.m., Blogger trueborn said…

    You've been tagged back!
    You're it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home