I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Catch Up

The cruel irony that the busier I am, the less time I have to post but the more I have to post about...Such is life! Sorry I have been neglectful in my comments too...I will be back soon, I promise!

Last week started a bit bleak. Moms left on Saturday night and I was coming off a feeling shitty for sitting up till 6 am with ex drunk talking about shit we don't need to be talking about anymore. I had a good visit with my mom, and I always hate saying goodbye to her. You would think that by my age I would quit crying when I say goodbye to her, but I still do.

Sunday night flatmate and I lamented about the 'boy situation' or lack thereof, in Taiwan. Tuesday, at work, "Jake" showed up on MSN. Things got a bit heated. Far to heated for being at school!! He is looking into flights to come see me in July, then take a holiday together. I am thinking Vietnam. He wants to "web cam" with me. I hesitate....I get shy about really odd things. Like talking dirty-can't do it. It feels contrived and fake. As he said, I am a doer not a talker. I flirt, and allude, but don't ask me to SAY IT!! But Yay!! I might actually get sex...In like 6 months...But at least there is a glimmer of hope!

Speaking of hope, I woke up at about 4 am last Thursday night and realized that I leave for the Philippines in like a week. (3 more sleeps now). I am so excited. Leah can't afford to join me, so I am doing another solo trip. YAY!!! I am going to head straight down to Boracay. The beach, a book, my iriver and a bikini...2 weeks HURRAH!! I have a friend of a friend lives in Manila so I will spend a couple days at the end exploring a new city. I am so excited. I sooo need this.

Last weekend was great too! Friday night I went out for drinks with a boy. We ended up having a 'smoke' and sitting up till all hours of the morning waxing philosophical. I was tired and hung over on Saturday, but smiling! Leah couldn't help but note the contrast to last Saturday when I sat up till all hours with ex and was miserable the next day.

Saturday noon we got on a train and headed up to Ali-shan; a mountain famous for its sunrise. It was amazing. We went through tropical, sub-tropical and temperate forests on the windy steam train up. At the top there were cedar trees reminiscent of home. Sunday morning we dragged our asses out of bed to sprint up the 5km to the summit to watch the sun break over the mountains. We were above the cloudline and the mist hung on the trees. I never thought Taiwan could be so picturesque!

So that is the catch up...I have tags to fulfill, and random rants that I have been dictating in my head. I am off on Saturday, but I will try to give you at least one update from paradise!! HURRAH!!!

8 Comments:

  • At 11:46 p.m., Blogger JM said…

    Yeah, I could never do the cybersex thing.

     
  • At 10:16 a.m., Blogger Steph said…

    Web cam hey? Can you type with one hand? hahahaha!

    Sounds like you are having a fab time of late. Enjoy your trip.

     
  • At 11:37 a.m., Blogger trueborn said…

    Yay Ang is back!
    How you been Darlin'?
    We all have lots for you to read!

     
  • At 11:53 a.m., Blogger Ang said…

    auburn, I promise to write...even just brief tidbits

    angel, jr, I know, it just feels so wrong and contrived!

    janestarr, mountain was amazing. i tried to post pix but they disapeared.
    Here's to throwing them off a bit!!!

    steph, well..I was thinking skype!! hehe

    true, thanks love! I have been reading..just in quick spurts, so I havent had time to comment much. I have been great though!!

    all of you, so is there a risk involved with web camming? like can he be saving it or anything? I know so little about all of this!! hehe I feel like a school girl asking her mates for advice about her first boyrfiend!!

     
  • At 2:39 p.m., Blogger Ang said…

    that seals it then...I was hesitant anyway, but if he can save it...NO WAY!! I trust him, but I was doubtful to start, and I am not taking any chances to end up on the net!

     
  • At 2:56 p.m., Blogger Ang said…

    and it was Elmer Fudd

    and it was "be vewy vewy quiet...we are hunting wabbits"

    and yes, a very worldly little man!!

     
  • At 10:22 p.m., Blogger meghansdiscontent said…

    Sounds like a VERY full life you are leading! :)
    So exciting!! Don't worry about not blogging when you are actually LIVING!

     
  • At 10:24 p.m., Blogger Ed Meers said…

    I'd never go for the web cam thing, simply because most folks can't be trusted....

    You're living the bohemian life - Enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home