I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Alive and Giddy

I know I owe Bevis a tag...And I have been working on it, but I have been so insanely busy that I need to write a little update so I don't get in any more shit from Auburn and Meghan!

Life in the real world has been, well; brilliant! The holiday was enough to fill my soul and give a whole new slant to this thing called life. I have been happy to the point of giddy and manic. I have been driving poor cousin Leah bonkers with my happy sighs and giggles, about nothing specific!

I started a new job at a kindergarten after New year (Chinese) and I love it. I am told daily that I am beautiful and loved (and have a big nose and am fat, but we don't dwell on that!) by gorgeous little munchkins. It is a well renowned school and so they are privileged kids with a high level of English for their age (3-5). I sing, play games and pretend to teach...And get paid well for it!!

I am still working evenings at the old job, so I work on and off from 9 am to 9pm. On top of that I have been going to the gym (mostly yoga classes and swimming) before work in the mornings. I have been exhausted, in a good way. Almost everyday over the past week and a half I have lunched with different friends or had Chinese lessons with a great friend.

Tomorrow I am having lunch with the ex....I don't really have feelings either way about it....YAY ME!! There is a whole new mile between us since I have been back, and it is my mile! He is looking to get a job at my evening school...I am cutting my hours back there so I don't really mind at all...meh!

As for the holiday and the other boys...Well not so much to tell! Boy number 2 was fun and sexy and we were laughing to the point of tears and stitches in our sides.He lives in a town about an hour from me in Taiwan, and 'his friends were going to love me, blah blah blah'..And then he did a Mr. Hyde and actually said the words "So, you go down on me, I go down on you" and had the audacity to be angry when I respectfully declined. Yes, angry. I ever so politely explained that I was feeling a wee bit weary and that it was time for all good girls to get there beauty sleep....Ass hole!

Boy number 3 was in a band at a bar I went to in Manila. They were a great Filipino cover band and did all the songs from my 20s. REM, the Cure, Ramones, New Order...It was great. He was the bass player, he was VERY cute!! We made eye contact during the set. After they came and sat with us. My friend that lives in Manila, the band and I did some bar hopping and ended up drinking outside the 7-11 and just being silly. Just some pleasant smooches and email exchange. He was sweet and gentle and made me feel wonderful. He had spent the past 16 years in California and left his IT job to come back to the Philippines for a year and play in this band.

Final tidbit before I go to sleep. If this was a post in itself it could follow steph's lead with title "reasons I am an idiot...." But I prefer "Another example of how I am truly blessed, and how that holiday was meant to be the best holiday of my life!!"

Initially cousin Leah was planning to come to Boracay with me. When she realized she couldn't afford it and cancelled her ticket, our travel agent misunderstood and cancelled mine too. We were going to come back on the Saturday afternoon. When he rebooked my flight he had trouble getting my flight back and I was waitlisted for a bit and ended up with a bit of a stopover in Hong Kong, no biggie. He told me the flight was the 3rd, and for some idiotic reason, I assumed it was the same day as the initial ticket...

Flashforward 2 weeks. Saturday afternoon I rock up to the Aquino international airport nice and early with a skip in my step and a smirk on my face. Security is tight and at the door a guy with a machine gun asks to see my ticket. I flash him a smile and hand it over...."This flight was yesterday"
"No, no, the third, Saturday..." Yeah, who's smiling now...Could have knocked me over with a feather. I head up to the airline office....
"I am seeing when we can get you on the next flight....Just so you know I am already on the 8th and it is all booked"
fuck fuck fuck fuck nononononono!!!!!
My dog is waiting.I start a new job on Monday. I am ready to be home. This can't be happening! I ask about stanby. He tells me that he can waitlist me for the flight I thought I was supposed to be on. The connection from HongKong is OK, but the flight to HongKong is pretty tight..

I bring the ticket down to the check in counter...The flight is at 5:45 and it is 4:00 now. He tells me that it doesn't look good and to come back at 5:00. I tell him that if he can get me on this flight I will love him forever...He smiles!

I sitdown-on the ground as there are no chairs in the check in lounge. Tears well up. I talk myself down. I can go back to Tricia's overnight, I am sure there are a few flights I could waitlist on Sunday, and worst case I will check out prices with the other airlines...I will get home to my dog and my own bed in time for the new job...I stare bleakly at the clock counting the minutes until 5:00.

At about 5 to 5 I notice a lot of people milling around the counter of the man who holds my fate. I decide to get in there lest he forgets about me! At about 5 past 5 the crowd has grown and he steps out with a stack of boarding passes....10 names called, none of them mine. A few minutes later he steps out with about 5 more...Again my name was not called. At quarter past 5, bags still at my feet he comes out with about 8 more. My name was called at number 6. He hands me the boarding pass and smiles....First Class baby!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:48 p.m., Blogger Ang said…

    lucky? yep
    bitch? yep

    you would know-you know me better than anyone!!

    auburn, thanks love! it has been so long since I was this happy-like years...I forgot that I could be!

    I have had some friends do both Taiwan and Japan and have heard mixed observations. They are very different, and the city I am in is not so cosmopolitan as other asian cities, but it is my home and I love it...I would be happy to share anythig you would like to know!

    as for boy number 2; with lines like that I think he would be pretty lucky to get the chance to procreate!!

     
  • At 10:04 p.m., Blogger meghansdiscontent said…

    Ang!
    SO HAPPY you're back.
    I swear I'm going to buy you some mobile emailing/blogging device so I don't have to be without you!

    Boy 2 - Psycho.
    Boy 3 - Me likey.

    Flying, bleck. But First Class, chica are you sure you didn't perform some sort of "favor" for this man whom you are now obligated to "love forever"????? :)

    I know how you feel about teaching the kiddos. I love my kids. Even when they drive me nuts, I still love them more than anything. Especially the ITTY BITTY ones.

    You have THE LIFE.

     
  • At 11:02 p.m., Blogger Ang said…

    Meg, I think its called MSN!! ;)

    I love flying...anywhere! Big plane, small plane; I love the idea of being able to get into a little machine and within hours/minutes be in a whole new place!!

    and No, I didnt perform any favours...I didnt have to! I was so happy when he handed me that boarding pass I probably would have though!!


    gotta love the rugrats! I say that today while tomorrow I might be calling for the sterilization of all Tawiwanese men!!

     
  • At 11:41 p.m., Blogger JM said…

    That is awesome--you got onn your flight!

     
  • At 8:40 a.m., Blogger Steph said…

    First class? You know what that means right? You can't go back! Next time you have to fly economy it will literally break your heart!

    I've flown business class for work and that was AWESOME! I don't think i can sit in the cheap seats again.

    Sounds like everything is falling into place for you sweets. Well done.

     
  • At 5:54 a.m., Blogger trueborn said…

    Glad to hear about the ex meeting. Smiling and feeling good is always the best revenge:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home