I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Should auld aquaintance....


Wow! What a year! I can't believe how fast it has gone, nor can I believe the changes that it brought. New Years last year I had a broken heart. I didn't dare go out because I knew he was out with her. Then a trip to the Phillipines on Chinese New Year that changed everything. I was doing good up to the trip, but the trip was so amazing and so what I needed that I came back glowing. My happy soul attracted a new friendship, and that friendship turned into a mad love affair. A love affair that, no matter how hard we try, won't fade away.

We have stopped trying. We are in full contact, and I am fully in love. He is having a hard time, and has no interest in the program he is studying. There is talk of him dropping the course and coming back here, if not there is talk of what may happen after. I am scared. I have wee panic attacks...what if he changes his mind? what if this is a result of the shitty things he has going on around him? what if he comes here and we realise that we created all of this, cause it is a beautiful story? Then I talk to him. It is all ok. Even if all those worst case scenarios manifest in one horrible finale, I still would be here right now. He wrote me a children's story for christmas. I will ask him if I can post it. It was the best present I have ever recieved.

So yeah, Christmas...not so much. I had to work. It wasnt Christmas. It was a pretty good day, as far as Mondays go, but it was not Christmas. It is my last Christmas here, HURRAH!!

The earthquake was much ado about nothing really. I mean, it was big, and it was cool, and scary for some. It was talked about for all of about a day, and forgotten. I was in the basement of the mega grocery store, so it was a different sensation than most earthquakes I have felt here. Usually you are up fairly high for them, at least a few floors, so there is a swaying sensation. In the basement, it just rolled, shook and vibrated. A couple oranges bounced onto the floor, signs and metal clanked for a few minutes. I had been going around saying how cool I thought it was until I spoke to my friend Iris about it. She talked about them memories that all significant earthquakes bring up of the big one. It was a hugely destructive earthquake, thousands killed. I need to learn to be more sensitive!!

Tonight we are heading over to Linds and Hamish's for some bubbly and games, and see where the night takes us. Probably some dancing with more friends. I am calling the boy at 12, and there is a good chance I will still be up at his 12 to talk to him. Oh my!

Happy New Years everyone! I hope that next year is filled with much love, laughter, friends and loved ones!

6 Comments:

  • At 1:24 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year!

    I kinda feel it that your 2007 will be amazing...

     
  • At 4:13 p.m., Blogger Ang said…

    Thanks Iris...

    I think you might be right! I think that is is going to be a big year for you too!!

    love you!

     
  • At 4:08 a.m., Blogger Walter said…

    It's the year of the Pig, and I was born in the year of the Sheep, what does this mean? I have no idea, but Happy New Year. Oh, I got to comment on the "fresh" blog first. Nyah nyah. :)

     
  • At 2:54 p.m., Blogger meghansdiscontent said…

    Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

    (and if it makes you feel ANY better . . . I'm in the same boat romantically/emotionally)

     
  • At 12:16 p.m., Blogger Steph said…

    I am SO happy for you. Stop the stressing and just go with it. You're in love girl!! Let it sit with you.

     
  • At 3:35 a.m., Blogger A Girl Like Me said…

    Happy New Year!

    It's amazing how things can turn around in such a short period of time.

    I'm glad everything is going well for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home