I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

18 more sleeps!!!

MAMA I'm comin home!!! Hurrah! I am so excited that I can't believe that I have not blogged about it! My brother was supposed to get married in Aug, and we Leah and I were going to go home for that. Since that has been cancelled/postponed (?) and my bro is feeling a bit down I have decided to head back early. It actually works out a lot better as far as the timing with my Visa so off I go. I fly in to Van on the afternoon of June 19 and get 3 wonderful shopping days with two of my favourite people. (this is under the guise of getting my passport renewed, which I will have to do as well). Then I fly straight to the lovely flatlands of Saskatchewan. I will probably spend only 2 weeks there with mom and Kevin, then mama will drive me and Kevin back to BC. My dad has his CD release party on July 9, and I would LOVE to be there for that! How cool that my dad is releasing a CD of music that I would buy even if he wasn't in the band!!!! I will have just over 2 weeks to catch up with all my family and friends in the Okanagan before I have to hit Vancouver for one last day of shopping and back to Taiwan in time for my birthday!!!
My boss here is baffled at the thought of what I will do for six weeks, and I am baffled at how I am going to fit it all in, especially all the shopping!! I have been composing my wish list for a while now...bras (even the odd time that they come in my size they are so padded that I end up with 'boobies on a platter'), Frank's Red Hot, big bottle (oh my sweet sweet frank, how I have missed you!), Twizzlers, Purdy's Chocolate, shoes for James (not a lot of Taiwanese people have a size 13, go figure!!), jeans for me (can get my size but I look a lot like Urkle...not flattering!), well it is going to be a whole lot of clothes. After a year here it is sometimes hard to realize what is cool and what looks kinda pretty cause your perspective is WAY off (I am turning Taiwanese, yes I'm turning Taiwanese, I really think so!)
Ok well that is my excited rant about going home....trust me, it will not be the last you hear about it. I am excitable at the best of times!!!! YYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:09 a.m., Blogger SuperP. said…

    MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    Twizzlers....

    They don't have them??

    Wow.

     
  • At 9:19 a.m., Blogger Carrie said…

    That's awesome! Good for you! I bet you will be a little culture shocked when you first get home, you know, just a change of pace. I will be looking forward to your posts about your visit. Post pics too!

     
  • At 11:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Luuuuuckyyyyyyyyyy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home