I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Interview #1 - Cousin Leahbelle!!

1. Describe the difference between ideal love and realistic love. Like, what do you believe true vs. what you wish were possible but haven't experienced.

OOOO!!! A love question, I should have known you would do that! I don't think that I am going to give you the answer that you think though (well except that I started to tell you last night).
I have never been a big romantic idealist about love. I had never been in love till James either. I never bought into the fairy tale. From the first night I met James, though, something was different with him. I have always been capable of having flings and walking away and after Oktoberfest I could not stop thinking about him. My point.....I have learned that romantic, fabulous, whirl wind love exists, and can survive the transition to committed, day to day love. I used to feel like falling in love would make me weak. I realize now that accepting the risk is one of the strongest steps of all. I guess that I have become more romantic and idealistic with age and experience....cool!


2. Beyond what you learned academically, what skills, perspectives and life-changing experiences did you encounter through obtaining a Psych/Lit degree...was it all worth it?

Would I do it all again excactly the same way...no! I would work harder and get it over with quicker. I would realize that it is alot like a high school diploma and merely a means to an end. I learned that I don't like where psych is going as a field. It is really struggling to be scientific. Although it was the science side of it that I excelled at, I think you lose something when you try to break down the human mind into a quanifiable unit. The human touch is being lost, and meds are taking their place. Just because you can make someone feel better by blocking there seretonin uptake receptors or whatever doesnt mean that you should ignore the reason that they are feeling shit in the first place.

On a broader level I belive that there is no wasted education. I would not trade my measely BA for anything. I worked hard academically and otherwise to get it and it feels good to have it.

3. If you could change something about yourself personality-wise, what would it be?

oh my, leah!!! The only way I can answer this is by answering the things that I work on daily. Overall I like me, but I am very aware of things that annoy me too! oh god but just one??? I work on not being bossy and controlling. I know that I like to have things my way and have a full variety of means to try and get them. James is really good for me in that he is easy going to a point then just doesn't budge. I really try not to be overbearing as well. On my dad's side of the family the women are all these bossy, overbearing slightly nuts (altough lovable) women with really weak men. It has been engrained in me from a very early age that these are very unattractive qualities and I am hyperaware of my tendancies towards them. I take comfort in the fact that the thing I find most unattractive is the weak men!!! Have I even remotely answered the question?

4. What song title, lyric, quote or book do you feel embodies your life experience right now?

I can't belive how much trouble I am having with this question...I always have a song, or quote or something. I searched my music library, looked at the books on the shelf, and even went to one of those quote pages. I found a few that summed things up, but they lacked the personal touch I was looking for. Then it came to me, a song we have been listening to a lot. It sums my life up in a concise yet poetic way!! It covers life in Taiwan, it covers my relationship, it's all right here!!! Thank you my little tantric lover!!!
"De Do Do Do De Da Da Da "

5. If you could only travel to one more country for the rest of your life, what would your destination be, and why?

If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be? If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of your life, what would it be? If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be? This is a truely unfair question!!! AAARRRGGGG!!!!!
Ok but if I think rationally for a moment....(ONE COUNTRY????) I would have to say New Zealand. Leah you know, but James is from New Zealand, and I have never been there. I think that if he and are doing this then I want to see where he is from and meet his family and friends. It would not be my first choice as merely a travel destination, but I always new I would go there one day. (Although I think that about most countries in the world!!!) Ok, there you go...

The Official Interview Game Rules
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."

2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.

3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions

2 Comments:

  • At 3:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My turn! :) Luuucckkkyyyy.

     
  • At 11:01 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i love your answers.
    i feel closer to you just for reading. thank you!
    i love you and your blog,
    Meegs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home