I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Bliss

I wish I was back in Taiwan...N'T!!!

Yesterday I woke up early to get a ride into town with my dad and his girlfriend, Therese. At 8am they dropped me off at my grandma's where she was waiting impatiently. "It is going to be too hot for me to golf if we go much later!" Yes, Grammy, let's go! 9 holes, not my best game, but lots of laughs with Grams, and look around, this place is SO beautiful! Home by 9:30, let's get washed up, we're making perogies (YAYAYAY!!)

My Auntie (Leahbella's mama) showed up a few minutes later. With Grandma instructing, hovering and criticizing, we made perogies "OH Debbie, that's too much in there!", "Did you salt the water Ang?", "Oh Angie, not like that, here let me show you!" It makes me smile just thinking about it. Auntie Debbie had been staying with Grandma, so it was not nearly as endearing to her, but lots of winks, smile and long looks behind Grandma's back made it bearable for all!! After a feast of perogies (mmm perogies) we made our exit so Grandma could have her afternoon nap while watching her 'shows'.

Those who read Leah's blog (and I am pretty sure all of you do, as if it wasnt for her no one would read this dither) know that Leah's mom has recently left her partner of 18 years (known in my world as Uncle Chris). Uncle Chris lives overlooking beatiful Wood lake, and has a boat. Alot of family time was spent at Debbie and Chris's place, and summers were all about 'out on the boat'. A very selfish and superficial part of my grief over the break up of this relationship was the loss of the 'family base camp' and the boat. Auntie knew I would really like to go out on the boat, set her feeling aside for one day (GOD BLESS HER!!!) and offered to come out on the boat. (you need three, as you need a spotter) I spent the afternoon bouncing over the wake on Big Bertha, then floating peacefully in the middle of the lake on her. It was absolute bliss; felling the wind in my hair and my toes, water splashing in my face, looking up through the spray at the beauty of the place I call home, and looking up at the boat and seeing two of my favorite people, I could almost pretend all was right with the world for a few moments!!

As my face began to feel tight from smiling and sun, Auntie and I jumped into her car and she drove me back into town to meet up with my friends Jared and Michelle (the little people). At Michelle's work I thanked Auntie profuesly and hopped in with my friends. We stopped at the liquor store for Vanilla Stoli, and Safeway for Veggieburgers and fruit for blender drinks. After a quick dip in the pool we ate our burgers and drank out blender drinks poolside, overlooking Okanagan lake (did I mention bliss?) It is 930 am now, they have gone to work and my dad isn't picking me up until 2. The sun is shining and if I lean over I can see the pool glistening in the sun....why am I sitting at this compu....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home