I'm a Rainbow Too!

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes.

Friday, October 21, 2005

*sigh*

All in all, life is pretty good right now. The weather has cooled off. Although it is still what most people would call 'hot' during the day, the edge has come off it, the humidity is down, and the evenings are gorgeous. I sleep with my duvet, and with out the a/c!! So exciting!

I have been super busy as I have been subbing full time at a kindergarten. I am there 9:30-11:30, have till 2 before I have to leave for my afternoon evening job. In this time I take Chinese lessons 2 days a week, walk the dog, eat some luch, drink a watermelon juice....I like this time. I then drive to my afternoon evening job to start at 2:30 till 8:30, home by 9...I am actually tired when I get home and have been sleeping, unassisted, very well.

I plan to have a quiet weekend...a drive to the mountains and hike to a waterfall, and the jazz festival starts this weekend. It is a really cool thing for Taichung. 2 adjacent parks have a couple stages set up with free concerts and different booths set up. Last year we only caught the last couple days, but this year I plan to hit the full 3 weeks!!!

I finally spoke to my brother today. I miss him like crazy! This was the first time we spoke since James moved out. We didnt even really address it, and it was just a nice conversation. He was having trouble sleeping (runs in the family) and wanted me to just talk. I was walking the dog, so I was just describing the things that were around me. He said that he figured he would be able to sleep by the end of it. He said that everything I was saying required him to use his imagination so much that he was ready for sleep.

So yes, a good day in Taiwan. Of course still sad, but learning to live with it and keeping it in perspective. Conversations like the following help. My grandpa died 2 years ago, almost to the day... Grandpa was this larger than life sort of guy and my grandma is not really getting over it. She totally rocks, and we msn quite often. Today I was having a group conversation with her and my mom, and she made me cry...again. For the record, the racist comment is just one of those unintentional generational non pc figures of speech...she does this thing quite often, and worse really, but not a reflection on how she would treat anyone!!


Grandma: Have you found another honey?
Angela: Have been keeping very busy
Angela: Not even remotely looking
Grandma: That's what I always say so I know what that means in white man's lingo
Angela: What does it mean?
Grandma: I had my honey and now I am ok
Angela: you should be a translator
Grandma: good eh?
Mom: I think she is
Angela: you made me cry
Grandma: me too!
Mom: No kidding

1 Comments:

  • At 10:09 p.m., Blogger Steph said…

    I'm not looking either.:(. Your grandma sounds cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home